This design one can consider to be for the intermediate nail artist but with my pictorial below anyone can give it a try.
Let's get started:
1. Paint your nails with 2 coats of L.A Girl 3D holographic nail polish in Black Illusion or any black polish.
2. Using a small paint brush and gold acrylic paint, create a big empty tear drop shape starting from the top center of the nail.
3. Draw a curly "3" to the right side of your tear drop shape. You want the center point of the "3" touching the tear drop about 1/2 way down.
4. Repeat on the other side of the tear drop.
5. There will be an open space to the bottom of the two "3" your just created. Draw an upside down "C" shape to connect the two.
6. Draw another upside down "C" shape to the center of your tear shape.
7. Complete your medallion manicure with a fast drying top coat and add a rhinestone to the middle for an added touch of sparkle.
I followed this tutorial for 4 nails and used the metal piece for my accent nail only. The piece has a curved surface and small shape at 10mm wide and 16mm height so they worked perfect for my nails. They are a bit heavy so apply a generous amount of top coat over your base color before applying the piece. Hold in place for a few seconds to ensure it is properly secured.
Get the products used for this look here:
Happy New Year 2014!
Dell'amore e Della Bellezza