Let's start off with the packaging. The product is in an oval shape, black plastic makeup case with a clear cover so one can see right through for the colors underneath. This palette contain 4 colors and an accompanying sponge applicator. The brand name is outside of the clear casing so I can see over time this rubbing off depending on where your palette is stored.
Although these are said to be matte eye shadows, there are some very small shiny particles running throughout all colors. The blue shadow in particular seems to be more like a soft shimmery shade that matte. However the base colors seem to be powdery in texture like matte shadows tend to be.
The actual product itself isn't very strongly pigmented. In fact to get my eye look I had to repeatedly apply shadows over the same spots to get the intensity that I wanted. These colours also were not extremely blendable. I suggest using soft circular or windshield wiper motions using a soft blending brush for easier blending.
For my eye look I used all 4 colours:
- Blue: Applied to inner corner and up to halfway on the eyelid
- Purple: Applied next to the blue up to the outer corner of the eyelid. Applied to lower lashline. Used to blend out blue in crease area bringing colour towards inner tear duct area.
- Pink: Used to blend out black
- Black: Used to darken outer crease
- Highlight: I used a neutral shade from another City Color palette (Browns)
- Other products used in the look included: NYX Doll eye mascara in Long lash, Essence Superfine eyeliner pen
For you local folks, you can get this palette at Wonderful World or visit www.citycolorbeauty.com for more of their beauty products!
Dell'amore e Della Bellezza