This is a simple border look just using the nail studs for the border. In case you don't have these studs, feel free to use plain or colored rhinestones or even create a dot border using nail polish or acrylic paint just like these black and white nails.
Mini Review: Wet N Wild Wild Shine nail color in Black Creme'
This is my new favorite black polish. Here I'm wearing two coats and it is totally opaque at this point but with a thicker coat this could pass for a one coater polish. It didn't take long to dry and applied smoothly to the nail bed with no pooling or streaks.
Neon Border Tutorial:
- Start off with a base coat to protect your natural nails from staining of the black polish.
- Apply two coats of your Wet N Wild Black Creme. Allow to dry fully.
- Apply a coat of a regular drying top coat on one nail.
- Using a wax pencil apply your nail studs in various neon colors starting from the top centre of the nail bed, right near the cuticle area. Continue applying studs by interchanging between not just colors but also the circle and square studs within your nail wheel.
- To even out the design apply the same stud to opposite ends of the nail bed.
- Tap down lightly when you have the studs in your design border shape.
- Repeat this process for the rest of your nails, only applying the first regular top coat when you are ready to apply your studs in place.
- Use two coats of a fast drying top coat to seal in and secure the studs in place.
Mini Review: BornPrettyStore Neon Stud Wheel
These neon studs are a must have for the nail art lover. This 400 piece nail wheel comes with 6 vibrant colors each in both circle and square shapes. The studs are small at 2mm and perfect for those with small nails like myself. They apply quite easily using a wax pencil and has an awesome shine when covered with a topcoat. Some studs I've tried before tend to get frosty with a topcoat but not these.
Get them here and use my coupon code BBEEJ61 for a 10% discount :)
|Under regular light with flash|
|Under Black Lighting|
Dell'amore e Della Bellezza
*Some of the products in this post were provided by the company for my use and review.
All opinions are truly my own.