First let's talk about the Essie polish: It's green yet purple, one of those duo maybe even multichrome polishes that reflect light so that it appears a different color depending on the angle the light hits it. This polish applied smoothly, evenly and was opaque in two coats.
How to apply dried flowers in nail art:
- I applied the first coat of the nail polish and allowed this to dry fully.
- Go ahead and cut your dried flowers into segments that will fit into your design. My nails are pretty small so I had to use this step. Some individual flowers maybe small enough to use on their own without trimming. These flowers are from BornPrettyStore. Use my coupon code BBEEJ61 for a 10% discount.
- Apply your second coat of polish and then a top coat to seal in your polish. Allow to dry fully.
- Apply a thin coat of top coat again on one nail only and then immediately place your dried flowers into position.
- Tap down using a tweezer the dried flower so that it is flat against the nail bed.
- Repeat on the rest of the nails and seal in the design with a top coat.
Dell'amore e Della Bellezza
*Some of the products in this post were provided by the company for my use and review. All opinions are truly my own.