It's vacation time for me for the next 3 weeks and I always think of sun, sea and sand when it's my vacation. This year I will be heading away from that and instead crossing over the waters to Canada. So this fun, beach manicure will have to suffice this year while I go crazy shopping up the malls and taking in the beautiful landscape and sites in Toronto.
To get these fun, beach nails here is what you will need:
- Neutral: Off white or caramel color to represent the sand. I'm using China Glaze Classic Caramel
- Light Blue: Color of the water. I'm using Sally Hansen Blizzard Blue
- Dark Blue: Color of the water, to bring in more depth to the sea. I'm using Kleancolor Metallic Aqua
- White: Foam of the water where the waves breaks on the shore. I'm using L.A Color Energy Source
- Red: For the starfish. I'm using LA Colors Pop Art in Red.
- Tools: Makeup sponge, painter's palette, top coat.
- Start off with your base coat and then two coats of your neutral sandy base color. Allow to dry.
- Using the white polish apply to a makeup sponge and dab onto the nail bed. This will look like the froth of the waves. Apply in various patterns on each nail for a unique look.
- Using the light blue dab onto the nail lower than the white.
- Repeat step 3 using a darker blue but again a little lower than the lighter blue.
- Using a red stripper make little starfishes on the sand. Add a few white dots for dimension.
- Clean up and apply a top coat to seal in your design.
Dell'amore e Della Bellezza