Get the Hair:
I was first introduced to flexible rods by a local chica, Island Bellas who did a recent review and I was intrigued to try them for myself. I got myself 6 pieces of 10" flexible rods in one pack by Brittny Professional, diameter of 1/2". Since my hair is thin and medium length all 6 were enough to set all my hair.
1. Basically I just separated the hair into 6 equal portions, 3 on either side of my middle part. (First two pics below)
2. I used these as if they were long curlers, rolling from the end of my hair all the way up and once you reach near the scalp you simple twist the end of the rods back on itself to secure them into place.
3. Repeat with the rest of rods. The entire setting of the rods into my hair took no more than 10 minutes! Easy!
Depending on how to remove the rods, you can get different effects. I pulled them out longways and so I got these barrel curls but run your fingers through your hair a bit to reveal soft waves.
Get the Nails:
I was super excited to receive as my Christmas present the entire Cirque du Soleil China Glaze collection! What better way to start using them than these simple red and green gradient nails.
|Running in Circles and Igniting Love|
2. Allow to dry fully and then sponge on a red crème called Igniting Love also from China Glaze. Go about halfway up the nail with your sponging.
3. Allow to dry fully and then using a sparkly red, my favourite is the classic China Glaze Ruby Pumps. Sponge this red on to the tips only.
4. Apply your favourite top coat and voila!
Get the Look!
The finale! The makeup look. It's bold and strong with a green smokey eye and bright red glossy lips.
The Eye Products: Ambrosia Cosmetics Lust Dust in Lost (shimmery dark green), Twinkle (shimmery black) and Inferno (matte orange red)
Sleek Makeup Dip It Liner in Black
Ruby Kisses Magic Primer
Makeup Academy Matte eyeshadow in Shade 17 (skintone)
The Face Products: Bare Minerals Ready Foundation in Warm Tan
Bare Minerals Ready Mineral Veil
Bare Minerals Ready Bronzer in High Dive
Sleek Makeup Blush in Sunrise
NYX Concealer in a Jar in Glow
The Lip Products: NYX Retractable lipliner in Red
NYX lipgloss in Perfect Red
|The whole look!|