Let’s start with the eyes! To get the look:
1. I first applied Ambrosia Cosmetics Cream colour base in Nylon Pool to my lid.
Mini Review: In case you’re a trini beauty, this base reminds me a lot of the Maybelline color tattoos, just creamier. It is said it can be used as an eyeshadow, base or liner but I like it best as a base. It’s too creamy for an eyeshadow and causes creasing for my lids and the opacity of it as a liner means multiple passes to get the desired colour but as a base…. Score! They cost about $TT40.
|Clockwise starting from bottom left; Shangri-La, Nylon Pool, swatches of Shangri-La, Nylon Pool thick and thin|
2. Next apply four blue matte eyeshadows starting with your lightest fading into your darkest from the inner corner to the outer crease. I used in this order from light to dark; Mermaid tale (blue green), Rain Drop, Atlantic Star and Deep Marine. They are all from Ambrosia Cosmetics. I added some tape to the outer crease for that sharp edge.
Clockwise starting from bottom left; Mermaid Tale, Rain Drop, Atlantic Star and Deep Marine
3. Add a touch of black to deepen the dark blue outer crease and blend out any harsh lines with your lightest blue; Rain Drop. You want a gradient effect after all. Highlight the browbone and to blend out even more use a skintone colour like Havana Cream from Ambrosia.
4. Add some of your cream colour base to the lower lashline and apply Ambrosia Mineral eyeshadow Lust dust in Shangri-La (blue green with shimmer) on top of the base for a pop of sparkle.
5. Add Milani minerals eye pencil in black for both top and bottom waterlines. You can also try a dark blue if you like. Complete the lashline with a dark navy blue liquid eyeliner such as Ruby Kisses liquid eyeliner in Shiny Navy.
6. For mascara, the look used Revlon Photoready 3D mascara in Blackest Black.
For the face: I used Maybelline Fit Me foundation and powder in 315 with Black Opal Raspberry bronzer on the cheeks.
For the lips!!! Can you tell I’m wearing my OCC lip tar in Demure?
Mini Review: It’s a gorgeous hot pink colour. It smells minty and goes on quite opaque. You just need tiny drop of the colour to fill in your whole lips. I do recommend using a lip brush for more control of the colour instead of the applicator on the tube. If you think the colour is too strong for you, I also like to put a super tiny amount to stain the lips and add a gloss on top. But beware, this colour stains!
So I had an absolutely amazing time rediscovering my love for makeup. I was once again blown away with the bright, bold colours from local brand Ambrosia Cosmetics and I’ve discovered a new love in my first OCC lip tar. I’m definitely going to try out some more colours.
Hope you enjoyed my bright colourful look. It’s not for everyone but in the Caribbean, we are bright and colourful all the time.
Happy Caribbean Sea!