Sail the seas with me! After bombarding you with only nail designs, I actually took the time to sit down and play with my makeup. I was instantly drawn to the blues from my Ambrosia Cosmetics creative palette and came up with this bright blue look that reminds me of the blue waters of the Caribbean seas. I finished it off with a bright pink lip to make the look truly exotic.
Let’s start with the eyes! To get the look:
1. I first applied Ambrosia Cosmetics Cream colour base in Nylon Pool to my lid.
Mini Review: In case you’re a trini beauty, this base reminds me a lot of the Maybelline color tattoos, just creamier. It is said it can be used as an eyeshadow, base or liner but I like it best as a base. It’s too creamy for an eyeshadow and causes creasing for my lids and the opacity of it as a liner means multiple passes to get the desired colour but as a base…. Score! They cost about $TT40.
|Clockwise starting from bottom left; Shangri-La, Nylon Pool, swatches of Shangri-La, Nylon Pool thick and thin|
2. Next apply four blue matte eyeshadows starting with your lightest fading into your darkest from the inner corner to the outer crease. I used in this order from light to dark; Mermaid tale (blue green), Rain Drop, Atlantic Star and Deep Marine. They are all from Ambrosia Cosmetics. I added some tape to the outer crease for that sharp edge.
Clockwise starting from bottom left; Mermaid Tale, Rain Drop, Atlantic Star and Deep Marine
3. Add a touch of black to deepen the dark blue outer crease and blend out any harsh lines with your lightest blue; Rain Drop. You want a gradient effect after all. Highlight the browbone and to blend out even more use a skintone colour like Havana Cream from Ambrosia.
4. Add some of your cream colour base to the lower lashline and apply Ambrosia Mineral eyeshadow Lust dust in Shangri-La (blue green with shimmer) on top of the base for a pop of sparkle.
5. Add Milani minerals eye pencil in black for both top and bottom waterlines. You can also try a dark blue if you like. Complete the lashline with a dark navy blue liquid eyeliner such as Ruby Kisses liquid eyeliner in Shiny Navy.
6. For mascara, the look used Revlon Photoready 3D mascara in Blackest Black.
For the face: I used Maybelline Fit Me foundation and powder in 315 with Black Opal Raspberry bronzer on the cheeks.
For the lips!!! Can you tell I’m wearing my OCC lip tar in Demure?
Mini Review: It’s a gorgeous hot pink colour. It smells minty and goes on quite opaque. You just need tiny drop of the colour to fill in your whole lips. I do recommend using a lip brush for more control of the colour instead of the applicator on the tube. If you think the colour is too strong for you, I also like to put a super tiny amount to stain the lips and add a gloss on top. But beware, this colour stains!
So I had an absolutely amazing time rediscovering my love for makeup. I was once again blown away with the bright, bold colours from local brand Ambrosia Cosmetics and I’ve discovered a new love in my first OCC lip tar. I’m definitely going to try out some more colours.
Hope you enjoyed my bright colourful look. It’s not for everyone but in the Caribbean, we are bright and colourful all the time.
Happy Caribbean Sea!
So pretty reminds me of the oceanReplyDelete
Oh yes love looking at the ocean but afraid of deep waters!Delete
I love this eye and lip combination. I really love your makeup posts so much because it's so bold. I wish I could just do my makeup like this and go out with no worries.ReplyDelete
haha! totally understand what you mean! I wasn't always comfortable wearing bright makeup but gets better with timeDelete
This look is absolutely gorgeous! You pull it off well! :)ReplyDelete
Gorgeous! I love the color combination. Your makeup always looks fabulous =)ReplyDelete
Awwwww thanks Kristen!Delete
that blue is popping.ReplyDelete
For real! I love bluesDelete
daring and gorgeous! ;)ReplyDelete
Oh thanks for the compliment Lena!Delete
Very very beautiful!! Great color combo, and those lips are to die for!ReplyDelete
Oh i just love this lip tar colour! Amazing!Delete
hey beauty h r u..amazing lookReplyDelete
thank you preethiDelete
These colours are absolutely stunning on you, and your shading is gorgeous!ReplyDelete
Thank you Mia!Delete
Lovely look, colors and pigmentation.ReplyDelete
You're my biggest supporter! thank youDelete
I love the colors!!! I'm looking at my nails and the colors may match...its Model's Own Aqua Violet Beetlejuice collection...check it out!ReplyDelete
Andie's Traveling Pants
Oh we dont have Model Own here though! Too badDelete
love the look, as alwaysReplyDelete
So sweet, thank you!Delete
Absolutely stunning, girl. Love the combo of aqua and pink! And let me warn you now, lip tars are addictive! I started out with a few and now...ReplyDelete
OMG! I absolutely love this one. If I could wear it everyday I would!Delete
What a gorgeous makeup look! The bright blue and pink work together so nicely!ReplyDelete
Yes one of my favourite combos! thanks JayneDelete
very very cute!ReplyDelete