The E.L.F mechanical eyelash curler was one of the items I purchased from my first online ELF order. It’s nicely packaged with one extra pad.
Review by ELF: This innovative eyelash curler has a special curved design that suits all eye shapes and delivers the perfect curl to accentuate every lash.
Directions by ELF:
1. Start with clean, dry lashes.
2. While your eye makeup should already be in place you should not have applied mascara.
3. Looking straight into the mirror, open the eyelash curler and place eyelashes in between the top and bottom section of the curler. You can leave your eye open or choose to close it, whichever is most comfortable for you. However, you will get a closer curl by leaving your eye open.
4. Make sure the curler is as close to the base of the lash as possible.
5. Without using a lot of pressure, gently close the curler at the base of the lash. Be as light as possible. Once you feel that you are not pinching any skin, apply more pressure, making sure to keep the pressure firm, but gentle.
6. Hold the curler in the center of the lash, and gently apply pressure again, just as you did in the previous step.
7. Repeat with the other eye.
8. Add coat of your favorite mascara.
China Doll Review: So I do have nice eyelashes but they normally stick straight out so you can’t really see their length in photos. It almost looks like I have none at all. So for this curler I followed the directions carefully as they instructed but my problem with it is probably because I have naturally small eyes. The curler couldn’t fit close to the bottom of my lashes without it touching my face. But closing the eyes made it work better for me. It didn’t work instantly though, I had to use the curler about 3 times to see the curl in my lashes. It is too big for me so the curl is more apparent to the middle lashes so I have to angle the curler to get the curl to the corner eyelashes. So it doesn’t live up to it claim of suiting all eye shapes but it does its job.
|Natural eyelash before curling|
|After curling, the eye looks bigger!|
Do I like it, love it, leave it or it’s just OK: Verdict- It’s just OK. Very simple to use but doesn’t work well for small eyes without manipulation. I did notice that the curl didn’t hold for very long.
Price & Where to get this??? ELF website for 1US$ or check ELF cosmetics Trinidad group on facebook. Happy shopping dolls!