In spite of the current situation with this limited state of emergency in our beloved country of Trinidad & Tobago, let’s not forget that we will be celebrating another year of independence on August 31st. My good friends would know I was actually born in Guyana but moved here when I was very young since my mom is Trinidadian. This country has allowed me great opportunities I don’t believe I would have had if I had stayed in Guyana in the 1980’s. Of course, Guyana is improving and I plan to visit them soon but for now this is my home. I am a Trini to the bone!
So our T&T flag is simple compared to other country flags but absolutely gorgeous in its simplicity. Here is a quick picture tutorial to achieve these T&T flag nails. Flaunt being a true patriot to our twin islands.
These are all the products I used:
1. Base Coat: L.A Girl Hydrating Base Coat
2. Red: China Glaze in Go Crazy Red
3. Black: Sally Hansen Nail Art Pen in Black
4. White: N.Y.C Sheer French manicure in Cozy Cottage
5. Silver: Kiss Brush-On Nail Art Paint in Silver Glitter
6. Top Coat: L.A. Colors Nail Polish in Voltage
7. Empty pallet
8. Fine Tip Nail brush
|Products Used for Design|
1. Apply Hydrating base coat. This is a must to prevent staining of nail from the dark red polish.
2. Apply thin layer of China Glaze Go Crazy Red. Allow to dry for 2 minutes.
3. Repeat with second layer if needed to ensure the nail is opaque. Allow to dry for 5 minutes.
|Plain Red Nails|
4. Using the Sally Hansen Black Pen, apply a thin line from the top left edge of your nail coming down to the bottom right base of your nail. Reapply another stroke to get this line as thick as you want.
5. Using the nail brush in the bottle place a small drop of the NYC Cozy cottage onto your empty pallet.
6. Using your fine tip nail brush, pick up a small amount of white and start a line similar to your black line drawn with the pen but just that this line is now alongside the top of the black.
7. Repeat white line to the bottom side of your black line. Don’t be afraid if some white goes onto your black line. Allow to dry for 3 minutes.
8. Go back over your black line with the black pen to ensure this line is defined and to hide any white that fell onto it. At this point you can stop and just add your top coat.
9. If you love sparkle like me, use the silver glitter and apply a thin line over the white lines. Allow to dry for 2 minutes.
10. Set your design with your top coat.
Enjoy your fabulous nails and Happy Independence Day!
Your China Doll in T’dad